Debra C. Keith, D.O. received her B.S. in Nursing from Truman University in Kirksville, Missouri, in 1978 and worked as an RN for four years before starting medical school at the University of Health Sciences, now known as Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences, in Kansas City, Missouri. Dr. Keith received her Doctor of Osteopathy in 1987. Her internship was at Lakeside Hospital in Kansas City, Missouri. She finished her family practice residency at Trinity Lutheran Hospital in Kansas City in 1990.
Dr. Keith is board-certified in family practice and sees infants through geriatrics. She is also a Clinical Associate Professor of Family Medicine at the Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences College of Osteopathic Medicine, and previous Medical Director of the Platte County Health Department.
Honors & Recognition
- Allergan Advisory Board for Therapeutic Botox Migraine Treatment, 2017
- Women of Distinction Award, 2017
- National Leadership Congressional Committee Award, 2006
- Northland Regional Chamber of Commerce Excellence in Education Award, 2006
- College Physician for Park College Employees & Students
- Preceptor for medical students, 1991-present
- Team Physician for the Kansas City Attack professional soccer team, 1991- 1994
- Played Dr. Helen Inez in the ABC mini-series "The Burden of Proof,” 1991
- First place award in research/poster presentation for the Academy of Family Physicians, 1990
- Outstanding Young Woman of America, 1987
- Northland Family Health Care, Kansas City, Missouri, 1991-1996
- Saint Luke's Medical, Kansas City, Missouri, 1996-2002
- Weston Family Medical Center, Weston, Missouri, 2003-2006
- Sole proprietor/owner of the Weston Family Clinic and Medical Spa, 2007 to present
- Genesis Medical Spa in North Kansas City from 2010-2020
Dr. Keith is married with two daughters, 1 son-in-law and a grandson. Her nonprofessional interests include: playing basketball, playing the piano, organ, guitar, drums, harmonica, fiddle and mandolin. She and her family are members of the Salem Christian Church in Weston where Dr. Keith is the pianist. Dr. Keith and her husband, Warren, were the proprietors of the Laurel Brooke Farm Wedding/Event Venue until 2021.
- North Kansas City Hospital
- Saint Luke's Northland Hospital